Wednesday, September 28, 2011

You guys are a bunch of idiots...


So I started this fantasy football in a pretty crap-tastic way.
0-3 in one league
1-2 in another league

To change things up in my 0-3 league, I decided to offer up my receivers (Roddy White and Calvin Johnson) to try and beef up my RB position (Ryan Grant - dropped, Felix Jones, and Montario Hardesty).

I shot out an email to the league stating these guys were "on the block", with the explicate instructions: ridiculous trade offers will be ignored.

What do I get in response? Here is a summary of trade offers:
For Calvin Johnson:
Offer #1:
- Devery Henderson
- Ben Tate
- DeAngelo Williams

Offer #2:
- Knowshon Moreno
- Mark Sanchez

Offer #3:
- Brandon Lloyd
- Marshawn Lynch
- Joe Flacco

Offer #2a (after 1st offer was rejected):
- Daniel Thomas
- Mark Sanchez

For Roddy White:
Offer #4:
- Frank Gore
- Percy Harvin

Offer #4a (canceled first, revised offer):
- Frank Gore
- Danario Alexander

At which point, I fired off this email to the league:
Dear fellow FF managers,


Do not send me ridiculous trades like "here take my #3 and #4RBs that I never plan on using even during my starter's by weeks... and give me Megatron #1 WR in the league".


Suck on my virtual 8=======D you freakin' asstards.


okthnxbai
=)

Nice. Concise. And to the point.

Responses from the league:
- "asstards... LOL" apparently he liked my portmanteau
- "I really need another WR. Who do you want for Nate Washington? Is there any way I can trade for any of your top/starting WRs without Jackson/Rice/Rivers in the deal?" You don't want to part with your top WR, top RB, nor starting QB... but you want either one of my only two legitimate starters? Go break a rib and try suck on your own 8===D.
Update: He actually decided to offer me Devery Henderson and James Starks for Nate Washington... which might be the only legitimate trade offer I've received. Status TBD.

My response to Offer #4a:


1 comment:

  1. Have you tried asking for cash? I mean, if you are 0-3 or 1-2 you might as well get some dough in your pocket on the side.

    May I suggest an "auction" trade?

    ReplyDelete